While many attorneys have some experience in real estate law, a rare few can duplicate Patrick Yu’s unique combination of proven real estate legal expertise and high-level, hands-on real estate management experience.
As Principal Attorney with The Yu Law Firm, he represents owners, managers, developers, construction companies and investors in real estate litigation and transactions. His areas of specialization include construction litigation, negotiating construction contracts and lease transactions, as well as working with both corporate and individual owners with property acquisitions and financing.
In the arena of landlord-tenant litigation, Mr. Yu has represented more than 40 residential and commercial landlords in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens in over 1,700 cases.
In addition to more than 15 years as a New York-based attorney, Mr. Yu dedicated almost a decade to real estate management and appraisal exclusively. As a managing member of Greenrock Organization, he managed residential apartments, prepared financial reports and oversaw maintenance and renovations. Earlier he worked in appraisal for New York-based Grubb & Ellis.
Mr. Yu has supplemented his law and real estate degrees (from Notre Dame and New York University, respectively) by earning a number of certifications in affordable housing administration from educational provider, Quadel.
Bar & Court Admissions/Real Estate Certifications
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern & Eastern Districts of New York
- Real Estate Broker & Appraiser Assistant Licenses, New York State
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1993
- New York University, School of Professional Studies, M.S. in Real Estate Development & Investment, 1990
- Columbia University, Columbia College, B.A. Urban Studies
- Landlord-Tenant Panel Member, New York City Bar Association
- Real Property Law Committee, New York Bar Association
- Asian Real Estate Professional Association, Director